Developing a business mindset means knowing how to think
like a successful entrepreneur, by adopting an optimistic
yet pragmatic attitude in order to make the right business decisions.
Successful entrepreneurs tend to display the following six qualities in their thinking:
* Given a set of challenges successful entrepreneurs see opportunities.
* Given a problem, successful entrepreneurs are optimistic & pragmatic.
* Successful entrepreneurs expect a lot from themselves and others.
* Successful entrepreneurs operate from a state of abundance.
* Successful entrepreneurs are persistent
* Successful entrepreneurs enjoy making a profit.
Let’s look more closely at how your mind works when it comes to
minding your business.
Are you a worrier, dwelling on worst-case scenarios,
feeling down about your lack of success, rejecting
possible ideas assuming they won’t work?
Are you a planner making a mental list of what to do
next, staying focused and motivated?
Are you overly optimistic seeing many opportunities,
unable to prioritise, needing direction?
Are you a procrastinator coming up with good ideas never feeling ready to start?
How you think about your business influences your abilities and your actions.
Negative beliefs and critical self-talk hamper your efforts, while constructive,
optimistic yet pragmatic thinking helps you to take big steps.
Developing an entrepreneurial mind-set– the combination of thinking, feeling and sensing
that is the hallmark of successful business owners is the next step in your business education.